Summer 2016 Trends Watch – Soft Metallics and Botanical Themes
The summer months have started to make an appearance, which means it’s time to refresh your home decor with the current interior trends that are making an appearance this year. This season, we’re seeing a lot of soft metallic textures being used, along with a few touches of botanical themes such as plants and rough, plain, weaved textures. Botanical themes give off a sense of relaxation, bringing the outdoors in with plain textures, strong shades of green and beautiful green plant life.
We’ve taken inspiration directly from our showroom to create the mood boards below, in order to inspire your interior decorating and home decor creations this summer:
‘Succulent Greens’ features a bold mix of green botanical and metallic themes.
- Eco Mix Metallic Wallpaper – ‘Pale Green’ – a wallpaper with a metallic green sheen and effect.
- Vertical Blind Fabric – ‘Rainforest Seagrass’ – this fabric has a great botanical feel to it with it’s rough textures.
- Cole & Son Contemporary Restyled Wallpaper – ‘Palm Jungle’ – a wallpaper which is sure to bring in an exotic/botanical touch into your home.
- Clarke & Clarke Majestic Velvet Fabric – ‘Jade’ – velvet fabrics are ideal for giving off a metallic/sheen effect in any room.
‘Neutral Ferns’ features a more naturalistic tone, with neutral colour options such as copper, tan and grey.
- Sanderson Woodland Walk Fern Gallery Wallpaper – ‘Charcoal/Spice’ – a fantastic centre piece, showcasing a selection of beautifully drawn fern prints.
- Decora Sunwood Wooden Ventian – ‘Tuscan Oak’ – neutral wooden venetians give that little bit ‘more’ to a window design, the perfect window dressing option to compliment a variety of room styles.
- Eco Mix Metallic Wallpaper – ‘Patinated Copper’ – perfectly gives off the texture of patinated metals.
- Sanderson Woodland Walk Fern Embroidery Fabric – ‘Pebble’ – a subtle, light embroidery that has been inspired by nature.
‘Sophisticated Greys’ features a simple, neutral palette of greys and taupe botanical patterns, with metallic touches.
- Harlequin Palmetto Amborella Wallpaper – ‘Steel’ – a vintage botanical design, set against a metallic effect background.
- Clarke & Clarke Bukhara Leyla Fabric – ‘Taupe’ – a luxury embroidered linen with a simplistic pattern that’ll compliment any window.
- Eco Mix Metallic Wallpaper – ‘Oxide Metal’ – this wallpaper really sets off the effect of oxide metal, with a diversity in colour shades to achieve the best effect.
- Decora The Fabric Box Davina Roller Blind Fabric – ‘Graphite’ – features a subtle floral arc print design, incorporating a soft, fresh palette.
- Decora The Fabric Box Sephora Roller Blind Fabric – ‘Steel’ – a dim out fabric that allows some light into the room, highlighting the delicacy and intricacy in design of the fern leaves.
Take a look at our ‘Botanical Inspiration’ Pinterest board for more beautiful ideas:
Come into store to speak to any of our advisors to develop your own ideas into reality, and don’t forget to share your summer interiors with us on our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts – we’d love to see your wonderful creations!